Cisco Webex Experience Management integration with Freshdesk
With this integration, get your Experience management account to work with your Freshdesk ticketing for grievance redressal based on customer feedback raised as tickets, close the loop & update data on your CEM Webex Experience Management platform with ticket status & more. The app will allow you to:
- Set up notifications in the Webex Experience Management platform and create tickets in Freshdesk.
- Freshdesk ticket information would be updated in the Webex Experience Management response automatically to understand what steps have been taken to close the loop with the customer.
- Agents/Admins can see information about the experience the customer has had based on which the ticket has been created.
The integration provides agent with enough context to proactively understand the customer’s concerns and reach out with the right solution to not just satisfy the customer, but delight them!
1.1. Experience Management App in Freshdesk
Login to Freshdesk product with “Admin” role and navigate to ‘Admin’ tab
Click on the “Apps” icon under ‘Admin’ tab
A screen will appear and you can see all your existing installed apps here. Click on ‘Get More Apps’.
Type ‘Webex Experience Management’ in the Search box to find the app
Once user clicks on Webex Experience Management app, it will allow user to Install
- To integrate with Experience Management, you should input your API Key and Username from Experience Management.
- Experience Management API Key can be obtained from:
- Experience Management API Explorer https://api.getcloudcherry.com/api/GetAPIKey
- The API key can be obtained from within the Experience management product as well. Go to Edit profile and copy the API key. If there isn’t one already available, create one.
- Freshdesk Admin API Key is available in Freshdesk Admin Profile Settings under Your API Key.
- Freshdesk Sub domain is available from organization Freshdesk URL like https://abcd.freshdesk.com, here ‘abcd’ is subdomain.
Now click “Update /Save” to get started with your Experience Management integration.
Once all the details are filled in, click on Enable to get the app and user can start using the app once authentication is successful.
1.2. Configuring Freshdesk in Experience Management
Login to Experience Management and navigate to Integration menu
User can view the ‘Freshdesk’ tab under integrations. It requests user to key in Freshdesk Admin Key and Freshdesk Domain to authenticate and to establish connection between the systems.
- Login to Freshdesk account with ‘Admin’ role and Freshdesk Admin API Key is available in Freshdesk Admin Profile Settings under Your API Key.
Freshdesk Admin API key can be found under ‘Your API Key’
- Freshdesk Sub domain is available from organization Freshdesk URL like https://getExperience Management.freshdesk.com, here ‘getExperience Management’ is subdomain
Once the information is keyed in by the user, system will check for the mandatory mappings.
To create a ticket in Freshdesk it is mandate to have the following field’s information -
For each of the above fields in Freshdesk there should be associated Question Tag in Experience Management and this is mandatory.
If any of the mappings doesn’t exist then system shows an error
Uniformity of the user is identified with the combination of ‘Name + Mobile’ or ‘Name + Email’ in Freshdesk.
Once the authentication and mappings are cleared then system shows the following screen for the user to add any custom mappings on top of default
Setting a new notification
To create tickets in Freshdesk user need to configure a notification in Experience Management. Based on the condition set system should automatically create a ticket in Freshdesk. Any update made to the ticket needs to be appended as a note to the customer response in Experience Management
- Navigate to “Settings » General Notifications” menu in Webex Experience Management.
- Under “Notifications”, click on “New Response Notification” for Zendesk
- Once we click on the ‘New response Notificaion’ , the create notification window pops up.
m. Enter the required details:
- Notification Name: Name for the notification
- Select Questionnaires: Select list of locations for which the integration needs to be active, if it is for “All Location” then we can leave the field blank.
- Select Target: Select API Post URL as an input for this
- Conditions: Select the desired question based on which the ticket has to get created in Freshdesk and then click on “Create”.
- URL: Contact email@example.com to get this information and key in the value here.
- Frequency: Realtime
2. Integration Testing
To check the integration between Experience Management and Freshdesk, the following can be done
Take a Survey in CC, fulfilling the condition configured under notifications
If the condition is satisfied then a new ticket will get created in Freshdesk
3. Freshdesk Agent View of Experience Management app
When an agent views the ticket in Freshdesk then Experience Management app displays NPS related to that particular ticket/response only
4. Freshdesk Admin view of Experience Management app
Admin will view the following information under ‘Requester Info’ section of Freshdesk ticket
- Current response NPS score
- Overall NPS score of the contact
- Overall Organisation NPS
5. Freshdesk Contact info Experience Management app
Irrespective of roles in Freshdesk the Experience Management app displays the last 5 NPS score of the respective contact under ‘Contacts’ view.